Contact

Ashmolean Museum, Oxford

Ashmolean Museum, Oxford

United Kingdom

The Ashmolean Museum of Art and Archaeology on Beaumont Street, Oxford, England, is the world’s first university museum. Its original building was erected in 1678–1683 to house the cabinet of curiosities that Elias Ashmole gave to the University of Oxford in 1677.
The present building was erected 1841–1845. The museum reopened in 2009 after a major redevelopment and in November 2011, new galleries focusing on Egypt and Nubia were unveiled.

The 220FMX was installed at the museum. Comparable to Philip Payne illuminated products in both style and quality, the complimentary non-illuminated range provides high quality alternatives for mounting in lieu of illuminated product where supplementary emergency lighting exists.

Additional to this the 250CF and 250CM luminaires were installed within the exhibition areas.

Applications

  • Museum